2018 Hypertufa Classes
Back by Popular Demand!
We’ll offer six classes this spring through fall, so gather a group of friends for a fun night out! In this hands-on class you’ll roll up your sleeves , connect with your inner creativity and make beautiful hypertufa garden containers to take home and enjoy for years. (Plants not included.)
Hypertufa planters are lightweight rustic pots made from Portland cement, peat moss and vermiculite. This combination makes the containers lightweight and porous and favorable for plant growth. They resemble stone and gain beauty with age attracting lichens and mosses
• Cost is $55 and we provide all materials
• Class lasts about 1.5 hours and starts at 6:15
• Wear clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty
• Each class is limited to 12 participants
• Reservations must be made in advance, either by signing up online, or by calling us at (205) 328-1000. Payment will be taken at time of reservation.
• If you must cancel or reschedule, refunds in the form of store credit will be given for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to class.
Charlie Thigpen’s Garden Gallery
2805 2nd Avenue South. Birmingham, AL35233
Entrance to our parking lot is on 28th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Ave S
All classes are held on Thursdays following days:
- April 26th
- May 24th
- June 28th
- July 26th
- August 23rd
- September 27th
- October 18th
select a class to Reserve Your Spot:
Is a date sold out?
If so, you can join a class waitlist! Please call us at (205) 328-1000, or fill out the waitlist form: