We'll offer five classes this summer through fall, so gather a group of friends for a fun night out! In this hands-on class you'll roll up your sleeves, connect with your inner creativity and make beautiful hypertufa garden containers to take home and enjoy for years.
Hypertufa planters are lightweight rustic pots made from Portland cement, peat moss and vermiculite. This combination makes the containers lightweight and porous and favorable for plant growth. They resemble stone and gain beauty with age attracting lichens and mosses.
- Cost is $50 and we provide all materials
- Class lasts about 1.5 hours and starts at 6pm
- Wear clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting messy.
- Each class is limited to 12 participants
- Reservations must be made in advance and payment will be taken at time of reservation. If you must cancel or reschedule, refunds in the form of store credit will be given for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to class.
Charlie Thigpen’s Garden Gallery
2805 2nd Avenue South. Birmingham, AL35233
Entrance to our parking lot is on 28th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Ave S